Visiting Assistant in Research

Students who are currently enrolled in a graduate program at another university are welcome to pursue full-time dissertation research at Yale. To be considered as a Visiting Assistant in Research (VAR), students should review the policy for VARs then apply to the Division of Special Registration. 

VARs may not enroll in classes at Yale and are limited to a maximum of two years of study. They are unpaid and must demonstrate sufficient financial support at the time of application.

Please contact Graduate Academic Support  (203 432 3913) with the applicant’s name, contact information, and visit dates. Note, international visitors should plan to process their applications no less than 60 days before the start of their visit.

See FAQs.